Welcome to Flute.com Forums. This board is open for everyone to read, but you will need to register before you can post.
Click here to register. It's is fast and easy, so join now and start posting!

marching band

edited August 2013 in Learning
i dont think i am loud enough during marching band. i have a hard time playing loud while we march and stuff. how can i play louder?

Comments

• Practice long tones and dynamics, from loud to quiet. But do it with a tuner, because it's really easy to be high when loud and flat when quiet. It's important to always play in tune. 
  • You could also practice while marching in place at home.
  • That really work... Put the metronome on and practice marching in place. It works on a treadmill too!
  • Try to get more space in your mouth while you play. I went to a masterclass recently (I forget the flutist) and a really cool technique was learning to play with a chopstick in your mouth.. this trains you to keep an open mouth and really creates a big sound. Best of luck.
  • funny was in a band and I could not play much at all and at times I was even fakeing it and other times I was playing soft on poupose I was afreid to play loud cause I was afrid to mess up I felt like everyone knew I was bad at playing Iam a good flute player Iam but only with certian songs
  • I'm also in a marching band try and keep your mouth piece dry as possible and tongue the notes.
    I'm also interested in Buying a 3 piece b/flat wooden flute.
    Also I need to use skin clarinet pads that are a bit expensive does anyone know were to purchase at a decent price